The Young Democrats of Washington's Nerd Caucus proudly presents our first-ever statewide hackathon! We'll be hosting from several locations all across the state, and all are welcome!
We believe that tech has the power to transform politics, lowering barriers and increasing participation. If you agree with us, then sign up and help us show the world!
We'll have several locations set up all around the state, with a live video feed between locations during the event. Wherever you live in Washington, there's a place for you to go hack!
Here is our list of locations (all open at 6:30 PM):
- Joe Crump Hall at UFCW Local 21, 5030 1st Ave S #200, Seattle, WA 98134
- GeeksNGlory Gaming Bar, 6710 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99212
- Bellingham Makerspace at The Foundry, 1000 F St, Bellingham, WA 98225
- Open to any Washington state resident between the ages of 16-36
- Teams may consist of 1-5 members
- A brief description of your project.
- Images. Please submit at least one image/screenshot of your project.
- A way to access your working project for judging and testing.
First Prize: Selections of winners' choice from The Vault
Each first prize winner will be granted a selection of their choice from The Vault, a collection of rare trinkets and one-of-a-kind pieces to add to any nerd's collection. Highlights include signed memorabilia, prototype tech, and more!
Second Prize: Selections of winners' choice from The Grab Bag
Each second prize winner will be granted a selection of their choice from The Grab Bag, a collection of novelties and goodies from across the nerd spectrum, such as posters, plushies, and more!
Third Prize: Selections of winners' choice from The Prize Pile
Each third prize winner will be granted a selection of their choice from The Prize Pile, a random assortment of geeky knick-knacks and tchotchkes, such as pins, lanyards, buttons, and apparel.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
Tech Director, Young Democrats of Washington
Chair, Western Washington University Assocation for Computing Machinery
Quality of Idea
Creativity and originality of the idea.
Implementation of Idea
How well the idea was executed by the team.
The extent to which the solution can be widely adopted.